Valfaris è disponibile da oggi per Nintendo Switch e PC
Valfaris is out today on Nintendo Switch and PC, plus ‘Full Metal Mode’ update
Rip the galaxy a new wormhole as the heavy metal
action-platformer touches down
10 October, 2019 – The wait is over. The time to rip the galaxy a new wormhole is now. Publisher Big Sugar and developer Steel Mantis are thrilled to announce that Valfaris, the gloriously over-the-top and riotously relentless heavy metal action-platformer, launches today for Nintendo Switch and PC (Steam, GOG, Humble).
Valfaris is priced $24.99 and will be available with a 10% launch discount for a limited time.
In addition to the regular version, a Valfaris: Digital Deluxe Edition is available to download for PC that includes the game, original soundtrack and digital art book.
- Digital Art Book: From concept sketches to final in-game imagery, this collection showcases the work of Valfaris developer Steel Mantis. Get a closer look at weapon, enemy, and environment art, as well as previously unseen – and unused! – designs.
- Original Soundtrack: Composed and recorded by former Celtic Frost guitarist Curt Victor Bryant, enjoy the savage sounds of Valfaris. The OST features 20 original tracks, including ‘Extreme Vehemence’ and ‘Chronic Dissolution’.
The Valfaris: Digital Deluxe Edition is priced $35.97 and will be available with a 10% launch discount for a limited time.
And the good news doesn’t stop there. We can also announce that developer Steel Mantis is currently working on a New Game+ mode for Valfaris called ‘Full Metal Mode’, which will be released as a free update across all versions at a still-to-be-confirmed date.
Full Metal Mode will unlock upon completion of the game, or will be unlocked straight away when installed if a ‘Game Clear’ file is present. Here’s a brief summary of Full Metal Mode:
- All weapons, upgrades, and upgrade items will be carried over
- Enemies and bosses will be more aggressive
- Player will take more damage
- Players will have access to an additional Destroyer class weapon
We’ll share more details of Full Metal Mode soon.
About the game
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell