Grimmwood survival game con roguelike elements annunciato ed in open beta
Opening the gates of “Grimmwood”:
Join the Open Beta on Steam today!
Big Moustache Games and Headup announce
a unique community-driven survival game
Düren, 8th of May – Headup Games and Big Moustache Games announce their cooperation on Grimmwood, a challenging social multiplayer RPG experience, seamlessly blending elements of survival, roguelike and exploration.
In Grimmwood, you defend your village together with up to 30 strangers in an ageless mystical forest. Fight against the merciless monster hordes that unleash their wrath against your shelter every night. Until mid of July, you’ll find the Open Beta on Steam for free:
Every night monsters attack your village. Use the daytime and your stamina points to explore the procedurally generated forest, find weapons and useful items, collect food and resources to upgrade and forficate the village. Share tasks and decisions with the other players and work together, because night by night the monsters attacks will become more fierce… And the village must survive at all costs!
The world of Grimmwood is engulfed by a nameless 16th century war raging across the continent. The Villagers are common folk, refugees from the big cities who seek sanctuary in the depths of the ageless Forest. Many of them have lost their loved ones and all their belongings… everything but their will to live and see another day.
The village which the survivors have discovered deep in the Great Forest seems a lot older – probably even with by centuries. It is destitute of any signs of life – nothing to even hint on what might have happened to its former inhabitants.
The Great Forest is old and vast. There are things here never seen by any man… who lived to tell the tale. The villagers are not wanted here – they only disturb the natural order of things in this dark and secluded part of the world.
The Mystical Forces
A lot of things that happen in the Great Forest go beyond anything the villagers have ever experienced or have the capacity of understanding. Resurrection, mystical artefacts, herbs and potions with amazing effects on the human body – there’s a lot to be discovered, examined… and probably feared.
You’re in a village in an ageless, mystical forest, together with up to 30 other strangers all of which are real, live players. Together you need to defend your village against the merciless monster hordes who unleash their wrath against your shelter every night. Use the daytime wisely to explore, gather resources, upgrade and repair. But to be able to do all that you have to eat, drink and rest, because every action in the game takes its toll on your stamina and sanity.
• Against all Odds: Survive by turning a bunch of strangers into a sworn fellowship.
• Every Game is a new Journey: Huge, procedurally generated hex grid forest map to explore – 600 tiles in size!
• Choose your Path wisely: Every action costs stamina points of which you have only a limited number each day.
• Continuous Asynchronous Multiplayer: Log in at any time during the real-time 24-hour day cycle to gear up with your fellow villagers and fortify the defenses or venture into the wild together.
• Keep your Body and Soul in check: Sanity and condition systems which will directly and indirectly affect your efficiency and playstyle.
• Strong Emphasis on Social Interaction: In-game Chat and Forum, where all key decisions are put up for discussion.
• Permadeath, Roguelike Elements: Everything you bring with you to the next Village is your knowledge and your ingenuity.
• Play by the Rules – or don’t: Vote to expel the Villagers who don’t contribute to the Village survival or simply try to ruin everybody’s experience.