Rain World: Downpour Release Date Announced at the Akupara Games Publisher Showcase
Rain World: Downpour coming to PC January 19, 2023
LOS ANGELES, CA – October 27, 2022 – At the Akupara Games Showcase Akupara Games, alongside developer Videocult, revealed that Rain World: Downpour is coming to PC on January 19th! Expanding on the ideas of its loyal playerbase Downpour gives back to its community with fully fleshed out community mods, Steam Workshop support, and a built-in content manager to fully allow players to control how they truly want to explore Rain World.
Rain World: Downpour is now available to wishlist on Steam!
In Rain World, you are a nomadic slugcat, both predator and prey in a broken ecosystem. Grab your spear and brave the industrial wastes, hunting enough food to survive, but be wary– other, bigger creatures have the same plan… and slugcats look delicious.
The Downpour DLC includes hundreds of new maps across ten new regions, five new playable characters with unique storylines and endings, two new game modes, and local co-op.
- Breaking New Ground to Explore – Survive and explore ten expansive new regions – featuring thousands of new maps, environments, creatures, and weather anomalies to discover
- Five Additional Characters – Each with unique abilities, skill sets, gameplay style, and stories
- Challenge Mode – Put your survivability to the test in multiple pre-constructed arena scenarios, adapting to each room as the difficulty increases
- Safari Mode – Observe an ecosystem unfold! Revisit areas once explored safely through the eyes of an observer – control and play as other creatures in the game to influence the scene
- Jolly Co-Op – Up to four local players can explore and survival all base-game campaigns in this local co-op mode. See if the power of friendship can overcome the treacherous world of Rain World.