Harpoon giant space monsters in Blacksea Odyssey, a brutal top-down shoot ‘em up coming soon to PS4
Digital version launches next month, 10th and 11th July. Limited edition physical version also announced
27 June, 2018 – Ahoy, space-huntsmen! Indie publisher Digerati is thrilled to announce that Blacksea Odyssey, a savage, top-down rogue-lite space shoot ‘em up RPG brimming with colossal creatures and runic technologies, will be sailing the cosmic winds to PS4 on 10/11 July (NA/EU respectively).
Developed by Team Blacksea Odyssey, the game has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam and garnered an enthusiastic response from the gaming press. Twinfinite awarded the PC version of Blacksea Odyssey 4 out of 5, calling it “a bizarre and wonderful game”, while IndieGames astutely pointed out: “You surf on a missile and use a harpoon to rip limbs off of giant space monsters… if that doesn’t pique your interest, then I don’t know what will.”
Blacksea Odyssey will also be released in Asia, via publishing partner Eastasiasoft Limited. The PS4 digital version will launch 12 July. A PS4 limited edition physical version will also be released in July (exact date TBC) and will be available at Play-Asia.com for US$34.99. The physical version will be limited to 1500 units and will include: game disc (region free), manual, soundtrack CD, numbered certificate and collector’s box.
About the game
The hunt is on! Get ready to battle colossal space monsters in Blacksea Odyssey, a savage, top-down rogue-lite shoot ‘em up RPG.
The greatest huntsmen in the universe have gathered for the Blacksea Odyssey – a legendary tournament that plunges competitors deep into the cosmic abyss on a deadly hunt for the most fearsome creatures that dwell within the void.
• Brutal dismemberment: eviscerate deadly beasts by ripping them apart with your harpoon
• Massive bosses: take down true behemoths so colossal they span multiple screens
• Destructible everything: blast through space-scape environments with your ship, spear or harpoon
• Action-packed combat: reminiscent of classic top-down shooters mixed with modern RPG and rogue-like mechanics
• Expansive customization: forge millions of runic modifications for your spear and ship
• Hardcore rogue-like elements: perma-death, procedural levels, and incredible replayability
• Trophy Hunters: features a full set of Trophies, including a Platinum