21 June, 2018 – Indie publisher Digerati is delighted to announce its bringing Shikhondo – Soul Eater, an intense bullet-hell shoot ‘em up, to Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One this summer (exact date still TBC).
Created by Korean-based independent developer DeerFarm, Shikhondo – Soul Eater features hypnotic barrage patterns, enemies inspired by Asian mythology, and stunning Oriental artwork. And, for the first time, players will be able to take on Shikhondo with a friend thanks to an all-new 2-player local co-op mode added especially for the console versions.
As well as being popular among shoot ‘em up fans – the game has a ‘Very Positive’ rating on Steam – Shikhondo impressed at the 2017 Global Indie Game Development Contest in Korea where it won the Gold Award.
Thanks to a partnership with eastasiasoft, Shikhondo – Soul Eater will also be released in Japan and other Asian territories. The PS4 version will launch digitally on 22 June, and a PS4 limited edition physical version will be on sale at Play-Asia.com from 28 June.
A release date for the Nintendo Switch digital version is still TBC. A Nintendo Switch limited edition physical version will be available to pre-order at Play-Asia.com from 28 June.
About the game
Shikhondo – Soul Eater is a Korean bullet-hell shoot ‘em up set within a beautiful and bizarre world of Asian mythology.
Armies of demons known as yokai have escaped from Limbo. They are spreading like a plague across the land, sowing fear and stealing souls. You must destroy the pestilent invaders and free the captured souls from eternal torment.
Includes Arcade, Hardcore and Local Co-op modes.
- Five stages of intense bullet-hell action and hypnotic barrage patterns
- Game modes include: Arcade, Hardcore, Boss Rush and Local Co-op
- Fly close to enemy bullets to fill the Soul Gauge and unleash a super attack for high scores
- Two playable characters, each with their own types of attack
- Online leaderboards for high score glory
- Demonic enemies and bosses inspired by Asian mythology
- Stunning and intricate Oriental artwork
- Platinum Trophy and 1000G Achievements available respectively for PS4 and Xbox One versions