Una nuova versione di PS Vita potrebbe essere annunciata il 20 febbraio!
With the one year anniversary of the PlayStation Vita fast approaching in North America, sources (who have requested that we keep anonymous) have hinted at the possibility of an upgraded model coming sooner than most may have expected.
Although the credibility of this report comes into question by myself and my colleagues, these are the details nonetheless:
- A new 4G model of the PlayStation Vita will be replacing the 3G model sometime this year. According to the source, this will be the so-called “price drop” that has been rumored for the Vita as the new model will retain the $299 price point for an upgraded system.
- The Wi-Fi version will still be available on the market for $249
- To go along with the 4G model, a significant firmware update will go live bringing in a lot of requested features including new ways to organize apps in folders.
- The new model may be unveiled along with the rumored PS4 this month at PlayStation’s February 20th event or at E3, but will not hit the market until later in the year.
- A price cut on memory cards will be made. No details on prices.
- According to the source, no other hardware changes will be made to the Vita and all other specs and features will remain the same. As for the 4G model, the regions where it will be available, in addition to info on any data plan pricing was not available.
As stated before, this is a rumor and credibility comes into question, so take it with a whole pile of salt, if you would like; But it should be interesting if it really pans out. We will reach out to Sony to see if they have any comment on this.